Marketing & Sales
In Marketing & Sales, the company or one of its divisions defines a product/market strategy, setting out which products it is or wants to be represented by and in which markets. The aim here is to be positioned in the most attractive markets or market segments and to achieve or defend a leading position in these with a large market share or segment share.
Defining a product/market strategy requires decisions on the following topics:
- Market selection, i.e. which products, solutions, and services are to be offered and marketed in which countries, including clear priorities as regards which product/market areas are to be promoted (or established), maintained or abandoned and clear details of the main goals (sales, market share, earnings)
- Possible specialization in specific customer groups with special needs (segment selection), including strategic customer relationship management goals (e.g. identifying key accounts, customer development and retention goals, etc.)
- Possible focus on particular technologies or product groups (sub-markets) with general goals, e.g. in-house products and outsourcing of components and finished products
Besides forward-looking product positioning, we also support our clients with a proven, pragmatic approach in areas such as the following:
- Strengthening sales channels
- Direct sales growth
- Market and peer group analyses
- Customer requirements analyses
- Product portfolio
- Variant management
Our skills and experience
Helbling Business Advisors has executed various mandates in a range of different sectors concerning market positioning, market development, marketing, sales, sales organization, sales processes, and sales controlling.