Helbling Business Advisors supports organizations in reviewing and revising their strategies. The idea is that strategies must be completely aligned in order to ensure successful implementation at the owner/stockholder, overall company, divisional, and functional levels.
We aim to help our clients achieve an unique competitive position that enables them to generate sustainable growth and in particular to enhance value in line with the “Economic Value Added” (EVA) approach.
Drawing up a strategy generally involves the following steps:
- Recording the current strategic situation, gaining a clear understanding of the financial situation, value and loss drivers, and fundamental strategic options
- Looking at internal strengths and weaknesses
- External analysis of the environment, market, customers, competition, etc.
- Strategic conclusions, for example based on portfolio analyses, client benefit analyses, growth potential, earnings/value enhancement potential
- Drawing up and assessing options
- Deciding on preferred options
- Concrete business and implementation planning through strategic projects
Skills and experience
Helbling Business Advisors has many years of experience in all aspects of strategy work, in the manufacturing industry especially, as well as in other areas. Close collaboration with experts on the client side is a key feature of our approach. Contributions are defined on a case-by-case basis in line with client needs and can stretch from straightforward coaching as part of a standardized working process right up to extensive involvement on Helbling’s part, particularly in the analysis and development of both market and in-house potential. We focus strongly on quantitative methods and tie strategic considerations to financial ones, usually with the aid of medium-term plans and budgets, but also by employing balanced scorecards.