Optimization of energy and production costs using the Pinch analysis method
The on-going discussions concerning a replacement for nuclear energy, the increase in energy prices and the need to reduce CO2 emissions have pushed the improvement of energy efficiency as an important control mechanism back up the list of priorities. Energy consumption is highly significant in many production processes, given that the increasing costs of energy supply are having a noticeable effect on the income statement of energy-intensive companies. For 20 years, we have been analyzing energy-relevant processes and entire plants using the Pinch analysis method and we have been successfully implementing energy-saving measures with high profitability.
We support you with the following key services:
- Data collection, detailed recording of the individual energy process requirements
- Compilation of the energy balance as a bottom-up calculation and comparison with your purchase data
- Pinch analysis, calculation of the economically optimized minimum use of energy (energy target)
- MER design of the new optimized links and heat recovery (MER = Maximal Energy Recovery)
- Coordination of the design with the user/operator/system engineer, in order to achieve the optimized system concept without any conflict
- Evaluation of measures in order to move from the current state to the target state, including investment costs and payback deadlines
- Setting the order of priorities for the measures and drawing up an implementation timetable
- Support for the realization and monitoring of the results
We are proud to be recognized in Switzerland as the leading consultancy and engineering company in this field. We can typically reduce your primary energy consumption by 10 to 40 %! Our success is based on our many years of experience of using and developing the analytical methodology and on the high number of projects in practically all sectors of industry. Thanks to our extensive experience, we are ready to assume responsibility and can offer you success-based fee structures or can act in the capacity of energy contractor.