Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) embraces support over the entire product life cycle using state-of-the-art IT. Innovative solutions such as 3D visualization, the simulation of individual process steps, virtual product development, and concurrent engineering lead to quality improvements and also to a significant reduction in product development cycle times and product costs.
The implementation of PLM projects requires a review and, in many cases, considerable modifications to the existing business processes:
- PLM workshops
- Analysis and modification of business processes
- Concepts for the required IT infrastructures
- Implementation and integration of CAD/CAE/CAM and PDM systems
- supporting the worldwide colaboration in development and service
- Methodical support in 2D/3D transformations including the use of simulation methods and digital product development (DMU)
- Coupling of technical application components (CAX, PDM) to business solutions
- Project management, training, and support
By implementing PLM strategies consistently, it has been possible to launch new automobile, aircraft, and engineering products to the market in half the normal time.
Even medium-sized companies have been able to post a reduction of 25-30% in time to market following the professional introduction of PLM solutions.
Skills and experience
Practice-oriented Helbling project leaders can draw upon process experience gained in industry. Each and every professional is able to reflect on projects implemented successfully with small and medium as well as major enterprises. Our product know-how is based on globally proven solutions and methods.