Optical Sensor for automatic Reading of Mechanical Counter
Helbling Technik developed an optical, low-cost sensor for the non-destructive detection of the oxygen content in glas or plastic vials where there was evidence of leakage or contamination of the specimen.
Characterization of the sensor:
The sensor is used in production lines as a process and quality control system for the pharmaceutical packaging industry. The technology is based on laser absorption spectroscopy by wavelength modulation and was rewarded with the "New Innovative Technology Award 2004" of the PDA (Parenteral Drug Association).
- Compilation of the client's needs and preparation of specifications
- Evaluation of physical measurement principle
- Design and realization of an evaluation model for the purposes of verifying feasibility and proof of performance characteristics
- Product design and realization of prototypes
- Design streamlining and support during installation in production line at the client
Customer: Wilco Ltd. (CH)