Embedded Software Developer and Architect
Innovation, together we do it!
With this vision, Helbling Technik positioned as a long-term partner in the innovation network of the customer. Based on powerful engineering tools, modern infrastructure with laboratories and highly professional methods, Helbling Technik’s 430 engineers, computer scientists, physicists and other professionals generate innovative ideas integrating state-of-the-art technologies and develop successful products.
Agile development, design thinking, lean innovation is our daily business. Helbling Technik develops innovative products and solutions for leading, future-oriented customers in an international market. Our Expertise Centre in Bern for Home and Office Appliances is home to the teams “HORECA, Beverages and Tools”, “Health, Food and Lifestyle” and “Smart Home and Smart Industry”. We are looking for a qualified
Embedded Software Developer and Architect
Field of activity:
Your new role is developing embedded software for innovative products
Within our customer projects you will develop software for high-quality consumer goods that typically will be produced in large volumes. Development starts with simple functional samples and continues in iterations until detailed designs are attained, ready for manufacturing and launching mass production.
As part of a highly motivated and interdisciplinary project team, consisting of mechanical engineers, hardware- and software-engineers, and if required physicists and other specialists, you will contribute to bring new and innovative products to life.
As an engineer, feeling comfortable in software, you will take the lead for the SW architecture and its proper implementation. You will build bridges between the electronic, mechanic and the software world to bring out the best embedded system solution.
As an embedded software developer and architect you will be responsible for
- Requirement and use case elaboration
- Software architecture and concepts
- Communication and close collaboration with project lead and technical management of the SW development team in scope of the project
- Development of electronic hardware control and business logic
- Software feature and unit test implementation
- Software and product (machine level) testing
- Root cause analysis and fixing of issues for product quality improvement
- Prepare and present technical reports and documentation
- Participating in continuous improvement of SW development processes and development environment
This job is for you if you are a passionate engineer, committed to high-quality work, with love for embedded systems
You are a graduate engineer having majored in software- or electronics-engineering with a good understanding of software – hardware co-design. You have at least 5 years of experience in development of embedded systems for products from concept to start of production.
Creativity and the wish & drive to develop clever solutions are part of your DNA.
You are experienced in the development of embedded systems, ideally for mass-produced products. You are skilled in C and C++ to implement high quality code for microcontrollers following TDD methodology. You know how to design a proper SW architecture and make sure that it is not compromised during every-day’s work and in times of crisis.
Ideally you also bring hardware knowledge, ensuring a proper integration and interfacing between electronic hardware and the corresponding software.
Self-confidence, good communication skills, eagerness to learn and acquire new skills and enjoying being part of a dynamic project team with close customer contact are characteristics that are central to this position. Applications for a full-time employment are preferred. Candidates are expected to be able to communicate both orally and in written in English and ideally also in German. Any other language is a plus.
- The chance to develop the products and solutions of tomorrow
- Continuous technological and methodological education
- A motivated team of interdisciplinary design engineers and specialists
- Challenging and varied projects in future-oriented industries
- An open environment with efficient structures
- A centrally located and modern place of work
Please call us for an informal preliminary discussion or submit your application in the Helbling job portal. We guarantee full discretion.
It is our policy only to consider direct applications and kindly request your understanding appropriately.