Senior Hardware Engineer
Innovation, together we do it!
With this vision, Helbling Technik positioned as a long-term partner in the innovation network of the customer. Based on powerful engineering tools, modern infrastructure with laboratories and highly professional methods, Helbling Technik’s 430 engineers, computer scientists, physicists and other professionals generate innovative ideas integrating state-of-the-art technologies and develop successful products.
Agile development, design thinking, lean innovation is our daily business. Helbling Technik develops innovative products and solutions for leading, future-oriented customers in an international market. Our Expertise Centre in Bern for Home and Office Appliances is home to the teams “HORECA, Beverages and Tools”, “Health, Food and Lifestyle” and “Smart Home and Smart Industry”. We are looking for a qualified
Senior Hardware Engineer
Field of activity:
Your new role is developing hardware for innovative products
Within our customer projects you will develop hardware for high-quality consumer goods that typically will be produced in large volumes. Development starts with simple functional samples and continues in iterations until detailed designs are attained, ready for manufacturing and launching mass production.
As part of a highly motivated and interdisciplinary project team, consisting of mechanical engineers, hardware- and software-engineers, and if required physicists and other specialists, you will contribute to bring new and innovative products to life.
As an engineer, feeling comfortable in hardware you work closely with firmware development and to bring out the best embedded system solutions.
As a Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for
- Requirement elaboration
- Hardware architecture and concepts
- Creation of functional prototypes for exploratory tests and PoC
- Elaboration of Schematic and Layout for prototypes, small series and serial production boards. Boards normally include analog and digital circuits, power electronics, mains voltage, AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies, sensor interfaces and actor drivers
- EMC, robustness, performance and functional testing of developed boards and machines
- Root cause analysis and fixing of issues for product quality improvement
- Prepare and present technical reports and documentation
This job is for you if you are a passionate engineer, committed to high-quality work, with love for embedded systems
You are a graduate engineer having majored in electronics-engineering with an excellent understanding of hardware – software co-design. You have at least 10 years of experience in development of electronics for consumer products from concept to start of production.
Creativity and the wish & drive to develop clever solutions are part of your DNA.
You are experienced in the development of electronics, ideally for mass-produced products. Design-for-manufacturing and design-for-test are self-evident for you. You know how to efficiently develop and verify reliable hardware, interpret measurement data, and have a general understanding of embedded software, allowing you to contribute significantly to embedded system design. You are skilled to perform simulations and verifications of your circuit ideas.
Ideally you are used to work with Altium and Atlassian products
Self-confidence, good communication skills, eagerness to learn and acquire new skills and enjoying being part of a dynamic project team with close customer contact are characteristics that are central to this position. Applications for a full-time employment are preferred. Candidates are expected to be able to communicate both orally and in written in English and ideally also in German. Any other language is a plus.
- The chance to develop the products and solutions of tomorrow
- Continuous technological and methodological education
- A motivated team of interdisciplinary design engineers and specialists
- Challenging and varied projects in future-oriented industries
- An open environment with efficient structures
- A centrally located and modern place of work
Please call us for an informal preliminary discussion or submit your application in the Helbling Job portal. We guarantee full discretion.
It is our policy only to consider direct applications and kindly request your understanding appropriately.