Chassis component for an automotive vehicle
The customer is making further improvements to the drive train of an automotive vehicle. The adjustments to the drive system are causing component collision in the chassis area.
Our customer wants to redesign a chassis component for a special vehicle by making adjustments to the chassis geometry. It has commissioned us to carry out the work need to design, scale and develop the new components. Helbling was chosen as a development partner as it has all the necessary experience in this area. This includes analyzing installation space, making adjustments to/building the component, demonstrating strength using an FEM calculation, organizing the installation, including functional testing, and assisting in the approval process.
Key data and technical details
- No drawings exist of the original component
- The forces acting on the component are largely unknown
- Installation space to be analyzed using 3D scan
- External manufacture of the component will need to be overseen
- Approval will be granted with the improvements being made to the vehicle